About the Pearls Of The Dutch Caribbean Gala & Award Show (DC Pearls):
See the DC Pearls website for more.
About the position:
For the Pearls Of The Dutch Caribbean (DC Pearls) Gala & Awards show 2015 we are looking for a driven, creative and smart Social Media Champion to assist with online communications, community management, outreach and growth hacking.
Our ideal candidate for this volunteer position is passionate about social media and digital marketing, community management, growth hacking and/or related fields, and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. DC Pearls has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented team members who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. The level of responsibility is largely determined by the candidate’s abilities. You will get to work with a variety of persons in our team and especially with the planning committee, while working to make DC Pearls 2015 a success. You will be creating new ideas that will help us grow and expand our reach. There is plenty of experience to be gained in our fast moving organization, and at the same time you can make a real contribution to the community’s development.
Tasks involved in this role include:
• Engaging members via the DC Pearls website and social media channels (including Twitter,
Facebook, Linkedin and more)
• Managing mailings to guests, nominees, judges and DC Pearls community, use of direct marketing
tools such a MailChimp for driving lead generation
• Tracking analytics using HootSuite, Google Analytics and other tools, and reporting results and new
ideas to our marketing team
• Help with content marketing and PR
• Help with press releases and managing contacts with journalists
• Helping contribute to website management, including uploading and publishing blogs, images,
videos, event entries and more
• Helping source material for our website, for example blog posts, photos, and videos
• Creating compelling content that will be shared by influencers
• Management of online nominations
• Help with SEO, link-building, optimizing the website for conversion, creating feedback and viral loops
between our Twitter, Facebook Page and blog accounts
• Create and run online advertising campaigns (Facebook, LinkedIn, Adwords)
• Helping in development and presentation of social media strategy
• Creating a long term social media plan and marketing calendar
• Help with coordinating (press)event
• Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
• Help in live tweeting the event
Skills/qualities we’re looking for include:
• Background in Marketing, Communication or other related discipline
• Excellent knowledge of social media and digital marketing both technically and in terms of how to
use it effectively
• Experience managing online communications and social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook
pages, plus experience of evaluating their effectiveness
• Familiar with Mailchimp
• Show up on time and deliver when promised
• Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• Familiar with WordPress
• Experience using Photoshop or other tools for simple image editing
• Experience with SEO & Google Analytics a big plus
• Some html doesn’t scare you away. Knowledge of Buddypress and CMS systems is a plus
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, manage deadlines and work
• Creative, flexible and excellent attention to detail
• Interest in community development and management
• Strong writing/speaking skills in English and/or Dutch. Papiamentu or other relevant languages an
• Able to take initiative, willing to contribute ideas, jump in when needed
• Customer service oriented, eager to help
• Some video editing experience
• Quality and details count
• An interest for Dutch Caribbean Pearls and its target audience
• A sincere interest to promote our culture, community etc.
• A chance to learn a lot in a very short amount of time personal development and initiative;
• A learning experience that fits your career goals. Training and support will be provided.
• A work environment supporting inspiring upcoming innovators across the kingdom
• The opportunity to manage big outreach channels
• Opportunity to network with leaders and other professionals in the field.
• Travel costs and other expenses are reimbursed
- A chance to get some real world experience with a major event
- Invest your time for study points
You must live in the Netherlands and must be able to be present during the DC Pearls Awards 2015. You are preferably based in or around The Hague (where our office is located). If you see yourself doing only a selection of the listed tasks, please clearly state what you would like to take on at this moment. Please clearly list your time availability (both the period and the hours per week). To ensure we can both make the most of the voluntary placement we ask for a commitment of a fixed number of hours per week over a minimum of two and a half months until the event is over.