About the Pearls Of The Dutch Caribbean Gala & Award Show (DC Pearls):
See the DC Peals website for more.
About the position:
The Pearls of the Dutch Caribbean Gala & Award Show (DC Pearls) 2015 communications manager will manage and develop communications efforts and story development for the organization and its business units. Working as part of the core team, this position will be responsible for finding and creating newsworthy stories, developing thought leadership initiatives in support of the business and our audiences, as well as developing messaging and media plans to create a social impact on the community/society. The position reports to the Project manager and serves as a member of the core team.
Marketing, communications and public relations:
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance
the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, sponsorship and customer acquisition and so forth.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of
image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to
all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist
teams in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to teams on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and
oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as guerilla marketing and special events
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel
- Work with events, social and marketing teams on trade show attendance, sponsorship opportunities,
engagement tactics and external communications
- Develop proactive publicity opportunities such as trend stories, industry or technological leadership,
advancing the Dutch Caribbean community
- Identify and develop newsworthy stories around the DC Pearls that supports our long-term business
and messaging goals
- 1-3 years relevant PR or journalism experience
- Passion for results and sense of urgency to accomplish goals
- BA degree in related field – marketing, creative, communications or journalism.
- Experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably
in the not-for-profit or association sector
- Experience with public speaking and presenting.
- Strong writing/speaking skills in English and/or Dutch. Papiamentu or other relevant languages a plus
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and results-driven environment.
- Exceptional project management and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable
- An interest for Dutch Caribbean Pearls and its target audience
- A sincere interest to promote our culture, community etc.
You must live in the Netherlands and must be able to be present during the DC Pearls Awards 2015. You are preferably based in or around Den Haag (where our office is located). If you see yourself doing only a selection of the listed tasks, please clearly state what you would like to take on at this moment. Please clearly list your time availability (both the period and the hours per week). To ensure we can both make the most of the voluntary placement we ask for a commitment of a fixed number of hours per week over a minimum of two and a half months until the event is over.