Expertise Center Education Care (EC2) op Saba, Caribisch Nederland zoekt kandidaten voor de functie Behviour Coach. Geïnteresseerden dienen hun sollicitatie en curriculum vitae te mailen t.a.v. mw. Henriette van Heijnsbergen naar . Sluitingsdatum is donderdag 31 december 2020.
A reliable and self-motivated professional, able to think and work out-of-the-box
The Expertise Center Education Care (EC2) on Saba was established in 2011 to offer support to students with cognitive, physical, social-emotional, intellectual or communicative challenges, as well as their teachers and parents.
The EC2 team currently consists of an educationalist, speech & language therapist, personal education assistants, Special Education coordinator, youth development specialist and an occupational therapist.
- Assess the individual needs of children and youngsters in the local schools in the field of behavior, well-being and development
- Prepare guidance plans for the students
- Assist teachers and care coordinators in making individual education plans
- Set developmental goals for students
- Guidance tasks
- Give guidance to children with special behavior or developmental needs in the classroom and in the EC2 room
- Present information and teach new skills to their teachers and personal assistants
- Coach teachers in the classroom
- Apply positive strategies, therapeutic play, behavior modification
- Relevant master’s degree in psychology, special pedagogy or behavior sciences
- Ample work experience with children with behavior and developmental issues
- Knowledgeable of the current student care system on Saba, or will comply with it shortly
- Willing to apply an action-oriented approach
- Able and qualified to perform professional screening and tests
- • Eager and able to work in a team and with professionals
- • Maintain regular contact with teachers, parents and colleagues
- • Create a safe and positive learning environment for children
- • Fluent in English and preferably also some command of Dutch and Spanish
- • Give constructive feedback
- • Able to monitor and report on progress verbally and in writing
- • Make observations and use modern technology to teach new skills to teachers
Check our website, Facebook and YouTube channel for information on Saba and the EC2.
Candidates are asked to submit applications before December 31st, 2020 to EC2 director Henriette van Heijnsbergen at
We are particularly interested in your motivation and experience.